The Spirit Chasers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Up to no good {Maura + Fai}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
frost-the-ninja

frost-the-ninja

Up to no good {Maura + Fai} Empty
PostSubject: Up to no good {Maura + Fai}   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:19 pm

Up to no good {Maura + Fai} Bwah
DON'T WANNA HEAR YOUR SAD SONGS
DON'T WANNA FEEL YOUR PAIN

As day turned to night, Maura found herself wandering in to one of her favorite bars. It was small, compared to some others she knew, but still busy enough to be interesting. Though no gambling took place here, it suited her just fine; she’d never been much of a gambler anyway. But it was still fun to watch the arm wrestling and drunken fights that went on almost every night.

Taking a seat in a secluded corner, she leaned back to enjoy the show, placing her hands behind her head and her feet on the edge of the table. An unfamiliar face had just walked in; some girl that appeared to have more confidence than muscle had challenged someone to a wrestling match. She couldn’t have been any older than Maura herself was. It would be interesting to see how things played out.

As expected, the man easily bested the girl. Maura was about to brush her off as someone with too much time on her hands when she asked for a rematch. There was something about the innocent look on her face that seemed… fake. Maura soon learned why. The harmless act had been just that- an act. Good hustler, she mused, laughing softly at the look on the man’s face. Priceless.

Naturally, there were quite a few people who were less than happy as the stranger left. Quite a few of them had lost a good deal of money just now. The shock on the defeated man’s face quickly turned to anger as he stood and went after the girl that had just humiliated him. Smelling trouble, Maura followed suit, staying a few paces behind him. Based on what had gone on at the match, this girl, whoever she was, could handle herself well enough. Still, it never hurt to have a little insurance.

Sticking to the shadows, Maura hung back to see how their confrontation would unfold. Her hands were already reaching for the daggers she kept in her boots. Given the need, she would be ready to strike.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
tag ; tagged. notes ; your notes. word count ; 000000. credit ; meg, for frost.
Back to top Go down
Katy

Katy

PostSubject: Re: Up to no good {Maura + Fai}   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Up to no good {Maura + Fai} Wish_you_in_my_arms_tonight__by_YunaArtUp to no good {Maura + Fai} Faiwords2
Fai smirked at the man. She figured this would happen sooner or later. The man was getting angry at her. She looked up at him, a proud look in her eyes. "Now you want a rematch?" She tried to keep herself from snickering at the man. So foolish. She thought. The only way she would be up for a rematch was if she got more money. However, the man had no more money to bet. She had taken it all last time.

She took a moment to examine his appearance. He was in no was attractive, just very tall and muscular. His arms were covered in tattoos she recognized. They were Earth Kingdom symbols. His face was covered in scars. She could guess they were battle scars, or scars from a knife. His arms were extremely muscular, so how exactly did he fail at arm wrestling? Oh yeah, because she was amazing at this. She could tell that at one point the man was in the Earth Kingdom army. It was a bit obvious, actually.

She wiped the smirk off of her face. If he wanted his money back, he would have to fight for it. "Now why would you want a rematch?" She asked smoothly, narrowing her eyes at the man. All she needed to do was stall for a bit and then slip out at the first chance. She wasn't one to stay for fights.

"I want my money back, little girl." He narrowed his eyes at her. His arms were tight across his chest now, and the veins in them were now evident. She pursed her lips for a moment, but then smirked again, shaking her head at the man. She didn't want to arm wrestler anymore. Not because she thought she would lose, just because it wasn't very nice to have a bunch of men on her shoulders demanding for their money back.

"Do you have anything to bet?" Fai asked, raising her eyebrows at him. She snickered when he didn't reply to her. "I didn't think you had any money." She shook her head at him. The man clenched his fists, irritated by her obviously. She raised her hands to calm him and then said, "Fine, if you really want to arm wrestle, let us arm wrestle."

She walked back into the bar casually, and the gazes of many muscular men and women were on her. She didn't lose any confidence though. This will be easy, she thought, pushing past the group of men and women and towards the table. She rested her elbow on the table and flexed her fingers. "Let's get this done all ready." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"All or nothing little girl," he smirked, a new confidence in his eyes. He would be disappointed when he lost this. She snickered as he rested his elbow on the table and grasped her hand. His grip was strong, but that didn’t matter. Within the next few moments, he was pushing her hand toward the table. She used the equivalent amount of energy and muscle to force his hand against the table. He glared at her as she took her gold pieces back.

“Are you happy now? You had your little rematch,” she said, cocking her head to the side a little before sliding off of the seat. Adjusting the strap to her knapsack, she noticed a girl, sitting alone in the corner of the bar. She seemed to be in a daze, so she probably hadn’t noticed the little talk between Fai and the angry arm wrestler.

She approached the girl, who wasn’t familiar whatsoever. Needing some sort of support just in case the man came up again, she figured she’d need somebody to be on her side. Being her actual friend or just pretending for the time being, it didn’t matter. “Hello there,” she forced a smile onto the crevice of her lips. Extending her hand, she said, “I’m Fai, and yourself?”

tagged ; maura; fai; up to no good.
word count ; 000662.
lyrics ; not your fault - awolnation
notes ; your notes.
credit ; by meg, for katy.

Back to top Go down
frost-the-ninja

frost-the-ninja

PostSubject: Re: Up to no good {Maura + Fai}   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Maura watched in silence as the unusual pair of competitors returned to their seats for one last match. The girl won again, of course. After the strength she had shown earlier, it was to be expected. From where she was sitting, it had been difficult to make out what exactly they were saying, but based on their facial expressions and body language, she'd gotten the gist of it.

Strangely enough, after the girl had defeated the man for a second time, she came over to Maura. At first, the thief was wary of her, wondering why she had suddenly chosen to talk to her. Suspicion gave way to curiosity as she took the time to study her appearance. She was what many would consider attractive, but she'd been through a lot, judging by her scars. Her hair was long and sleek, but messy, as if she didn't pay much attention (or perhaps care) as to how she looked. Her multi-colored eyes showed interest, but it was obvious to Maura that her smile was forced.

After a moment's hesitation, she took the other girl's hand. "Name's Maura," she answered simply. She gestured to the man Fai had been arm wrestling with, "You really shouldn't piss people off like that. Usually doesn't end well... But from what I've seen, you can take care of yourself." She looked over Fai once more, then gestured to the chair across the table from where she sat, "If you're going to stay, you might as well sit down."

She took a few minutes to search for Fai's opponent, but he appeared to have left. A small frown creased her brow, but soon disappeared. He probably wouldn't give them anything to worry about. Probably.

"So, either you're just a very strong girl, or an Earth Bender, or both, hm?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. It really wasn't her business to know, but she was still curious.

Back to top Go down
Katy

Katy

PostSubject: fai - - -   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Up to no good {Maura + Fai} Wish_you_in_my_arms_tonight__by_YunaArtUp to no good {Maura + Fai} Faiwords2
She took a moment to study the girl. The girl, Maura, had rather soft facial features. Rather than the scar across her cheek, she looked as if she didn’t pose as a threat Fai should be worried about. She took a moment to fix her plastered smile—to make it look a bit more realistic than it had a few moments earlier. She used a hand to run her fingers through her messy brunette hair as her hand was shook.

“Nice to meet you Maura.” She said casually, shaking her hand firmly. A smirk rested nicely on her lips and she shrugged her shoulders. “I wasn’t pissing him off—I was just… enjoying myself.” She said, “You see, I can’t get out very much and have fun during the day, so I come out during the night. It’s just what I do. And I don’t see why me beating that man pisses him off.” She glanced over at the man she had just arm wrestled with trudge out the door angrily.

“I can take care of myself.” She confirmed. “Always have, always will.” She said to the girl. “What about you? Can you take care of yourself?” she raised her eyebrows at her. She plopped down on the seat beside Maura and got comfortable within a few short moments. Absentmindedly, she wondered if the guy she had just arm wrestled with would come back and demand yet another rematch. She doubted it, but still, things could happen.

At her question, she nodded, “Both.” She told her. Earth bending took her years to master, mostly without the instruction of her parents or any teacher. She was still a little sketchy with a few earth bending moves, but she’d figure it all out some day. “And yourself? Are you an earth bender?” she cocked an eyebrow at the girl, her amber eyes curious. She kicked her feet onto the end table and slouched against the seat, yawning. She should’ve slept more during the day. It was too late now. Sucks for her.

tagged ; taggy.
word count ; 000000.
notes ; your notes.

Back to top Go down
frost-the-ninja

frost-the-ninja

PostSubject: Re: Up to no good {Maura + Fai}   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Maura snorted, a half-smile forming on her lips, "You did see the look on his face, didn't you? Clearly something was wrong. Considering that he was humiliated twice, and lost all the coin he had on him, I'd be surprised if he wasn't upset," she took her feet down and leaned foward a bit, placing her elbows on the table, and lacing her fingers together beneath her chin, "But I suppose he's nothing to worry about..."

She considered Fai's questions for a while, picking her words carefully. She needed to avoid giving anything too important away, while still satisfying the girl's curiosity. "I've been taking care of myself for... well, let's just say it's been quite a while. Though, I have different, ah, methods of doing so." She thought about briefly revealing the weapons she carried, but decided against it.

Again, Maura was silent for a while as she came up with her response. "No, I'm not an Earth Bender. I had a brother that was, but he's long gone." A mixture of emotions flickered through her eyes; anger, sadness, hardened resignation. But just as quickly, they were gone. It was better not to think about him. The past can't be changed. There was no need to make herself miserable about it.

In an attempt to change the subject, she said, "There's more to see during the day. Granted, it's not nearly as interesting as what goes on at night... I'm guessing there's a reason as to why you don't get out much. Seems like it's not a personal choice, but I suppose it's really not my business to know, so I'll lay off."

Back to top Go down
Katy

Katy

PostSubject: fai - - - the scammer    Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:18 pm

“Well of course I did,” Fai snickered. “He’ll probably find out where I live or my name or track me down just to get thirty gold pieces back.” She said sarcastically. “Poor guy, lost every gold piece he was carrying,” she made a ‘tsk tsk’ sound with her tongue and shook her head. “I would be surprised too, but I doubt he’s going to do anything rather than stomp around pissed off—maybe throw a few rocks around while he’s at it,” she smirked.

“A while?” she raised her eyebrows. Curiosity buzzed through her, “Now why is that?” she asked. Somewhere, deep, deep, deep down, she felt a bit bad for asking so many questions and not answering any of hers. She’ll have to answer the next one of Maura’s questions, won’t she? “Different methods, eh?” she chuckled.

At her answer, she nodded. She could see the emotions flickering in her eyes for a brief moment. Her brother was dead, wasn’t he? She wondered about this for a moment, but didn’t ask Maura about it. Honestly, she was afraid that the girl would start crying about it if she asked. “How is it that your brother was and you weren’t?” she asked curiously. Was she always so curious? She was never one to always be asking questions, was she?

“There probably is.” Fai said, shrugging her shoulders. The few times she was out during the day, she could never find something, or someone interesting. She wondered, for a short amount of time, if that would ever change. She doubted that was possible. Highly doubted it. “Night has always been something I favor,” she said with a smile. “So many more interesting things…. And people.”

At Maura’s comment about her having a reason to only come out during the night, she shrugged again. “I do have my reason,” she said. Deciding it was time to talk about herself, even if it was in the smallest of ways, she said, “I have a controlling mother and an oblivious father. End of story,” she said. “It’s not that personal, don’t fret about it.”

tagged ; taggy.
word count ; 000000.
notes ; your notes.

Back to top Go down
frost-the-ninja

frost-the-ninja

PostSubject: Re: Up to no good {Maura + Fai}   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:49 am

She laughed at the thought of such a large man sulking and throwing a tantrum like a child. "Maybe, maybe not," she shot back, a devious grin appearing on her face. "I think it would be more fun if he came back, though. I haven't had a good reason to punch someone for a while. Don't know about you, but I could use the excitement."

Maura was reluctant to answer Fai's next couple questions. She was already feeling as though she had revealed far too much about herself. And she wasn't about to spill her life's story to some stranger she had just met. In answer, she simply shrugged in response to the first, and to the second said, "No clue." If Fai had wanted more than that, she'd have to deal with it. Maura had nothing more to say to her on those subjects.

Lightening up again, Maura nodded, saying, "I'll agree with you on that one, but most of the people that come out at night are usually more dangerous than interesting. You never know who you might come across. Psychopaths, smugglers, thieves... easily-angered arm wrestlers." She spoke with a smile though, knowing that neither of them had any reason to be worried about such things. In a way, the two were a lot alike. Or at least that's how it seemed to Maura.

She listened quietly to Fai's last statement. At least they know you exist, she thought bitterly, remembering how her own parants had treated her. She kept her expression controlled, however, to avoid revealing what was on her mind. When Fai had fallen silent, she asked, "Why on earth would I worry about someone else's problems?" Perhaps she could have been a little less insensitive about it, but Maura had never sugar-coated anything for anyone. Fai was no exception.

tag ; tagged. notes ; ooc: Want to bring back Fai's opponent? A bar fight could be fun. ;3 word count ; 000000. credit ; meg, for frost.

Back to top Go down
Katy

Katy

PostSubject: Re: Up to no good {Maura + Fai}   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:15 pm

“I think it’d be hilarious if he came back and demanded yet another rematch—it’d suck for him when he lost a second time.” Fai drummed her fingers together deviously, a smirk on her lips. “The excitement would be fantastic, and then when he pulls out the knives and that mumbo jumbo…” she trailed off, snickering. It was very funny when big, beefy men got mad at her because they wouldn’t admit to their failure at arm wrestling, and any other type of gambling.

She could see the reluctance in Maura’s eyes. Maybe she had asked too many personal questions. Why was she so curious all of a sudden? It made her a feel a bit… stupid. She pursed her lips and averted her gaze to the ground. “Oh,” was all she could say. Enough with the questions, she thought, and drew a breath. “Anyhow, I think he’ll be back soon.” A grin crept onto her lips.

At her comment about people being more dangerous at night rather than interesting, she shrugged, “The more dangerous the more interesting.” She said. “I haven’t seen a psychopath yet, other than this one guy who drank too much cactus juice.” She chuckled. Oh, the things strange plants can do to people.

“That’s not what I meant.” Fai rolled her eyes at the girl. The door of the bar burst open, and the man who was recently scammed by her barged in, an enraged look in his eyes. Maybe he was one of the psychopaths Maura was talking about. She sent her a look before getting to her feet and approaching the man, “Another rematch?” she cocked her eyebrows at him.

tagged ; taggy.
word count ; 000000.
notes ; your notes.

Back to top Go down
frost-the-ninja

frost-the-ninja

PostSubject: Re: Up to no good {Maura + Fai}   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Now it was Maura's turn to smirk. "If he pulls out any weapons, he'll be unconscious on the floor before he knows what hit him." Though there was a playful tone to her voice, the look in her eyes made it clear that she was perfectly serious. And she didn't mean that Fai would be the one to do the fighting. Given the chance, Maura would happily take him on.

She laughed aloud at the comment on cactus juice, recalling an incident where a friend of hers had drank some a few years back. He'd been left light-headed and hallucinating for the following six hours. Needless to say it had been hilarious, and no one that was there ever let him forget about it.

The loud 'bang!' at the door caught her attention, and she glanced up to see that the disgruntled arm wrestler had indeed com back. "Speak of the devil," she muttered to herself, already tense. Unlike Fai, she highly doubted he had come for a rematch. The half-crazed expression and the wicked-looking sword he had sheathed at his waist told her as much.

Slowly, so as not to be noticed, she stood, slipping out a few throwing knives from her belt with one hand, and pulling a dagger from her boot with the other. She wasn't going to kill the man- she was a thief, not a murderess- but she did want to be armed when the inevitable fight began. She stepped around the table, to get some more room to maneuver, and shifted into a subtle fighting stance, balancing on the balls of her feet, her center of gravity low. But she kept her arms hidden beneath her cloak, waiting for the enraged man to make the first move.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up to no good {Maura + Fai}   Up to no good {Maura + Fai} Empty

Back to top Go down

Up to no good {Maura + Fai}
Page 1 of 1