The Spirit Chasers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sammy;

sammy;

The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} Empty
PostSubject: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:09 am

The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} Look_by_nljschroevers-d2y071v-2
The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} Borderrr-1
The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} Hannaleiwords

The constant crash of the waves upon the shore was one of natures many melodies. Aside from the singing of bird, and the whisp of the wind, water was one of the most beautiful singers. Her bright blue eyes slowly flickered open as grains of white sand hit her cheeks with the gusting breeze. It was midday, and the sun shinned brightly.

The song of the ocean was interuppted with the calling of a messenger falcon. Hannalei held her head high as she searched the skys for the wings of the bird, she used her hand to shield from the bright sun, her eyes squinted. Another attack? She slowly scrambled to her feet just as the falcon dissapeared from sight, it flew into the treetops of the trees lining the shore. She walked slowly towards the lining of the trees, her feet sinking into the soft sand and the gentle breezes sending her long curly brunette hair into the wind.

She wiped a few grains of sand off of her cheek, and dissapeared into the brush of the Earth Kingdom shores. Hannalei wasn't foreign to this land. A waterbender in the Earth Kingdom. When people asked she replied simply, "I dont like the cold." Followed by a laugh and a smile. The many wooden beads she wore clanked softly with each of her steps, and before she knew it the sand of the shore turned into the firm soil of the Earth Kingdom. She reached the small village settlement, and upon arrival received word of the message carry bird.

"There was another Spirit attack, a few nights ago. Several are injured, more are missing." And with the message Hannalei was off. The simple life of a nomadic healer. She wore traditional earth kingdom attire, complete with braided and flower decorated hair. The wind blew calmly and there was no sign of the sea. Hannalei walked blissfully along the worren dirt path, heading in the direction of Ba Sing Se, a gord of water strapped to her back, and a bag full of medical supplies and other necessities. She sang quietly, "Two lovers forbidden from one another..."

"Secret Tunnel! Secret Tunnel! Through the mountain! Secret Secret Tunnel!"

resting bird were startled, and immeadiantly took to the skies.

Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 am

The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} Tumblr_lkuvswd6YQ1qd58jfo1_500
Unai skipped along in her light-weight (compared to fur coats) animal hide clothing and moccasins. It was still pretty hot, but it felt pretty nice. Unai was just used to the cold, that's all. If she can get used to that, she can get used to the heat.

Unai's hair was braided with leather strands to the side, with beads clacking on the ends. She also had a blue beaded headband, which she wore to keep her hair out of her face. "I need to pick up clothes, or I'll roast!" She sighed to herself as she wiped her forehead with her hand.

It wasn't long before Unai started to see people. She strode up to the travelers casually and asked, "Excuse me, but where is the nearest city?" she hoped her didn't look too alien to the travelers.

"Oh, look honey, a water tribe girl!" a woman exclaimed. Unai blushed a bit at the attention. "Oh, dear, you must be talkin' 'bout Ba Sing Se! That be the biggest city in the whole Earth Kingdom. Just follow this here road," the lady gestured to the dirt road that stretched before them, "and you will find yourself at the city sooner or later. Good luck on your journey!" The lady waved, and Unai waved back.

After about an hour of singing water tribe songs, Unai came into the clearing leading to the city. "Wow..." was all she could say. The whole water tribe was not even half the size of this city. Unai contined on the path slowly. It was still pretty early, and she only had a mile before she got to the wall.

O.o.C;// I pictured her as an Indian Smile//
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei;    The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:44 am

Hannalei skipped as she walked. She wasnt too far from Ba Sing Se, which meant she was even close to the village she was looking for. She skipped while she sang, and sang while she skipped. From any point of view you'd think her to be a regular Earth Kingdom girl. But she wasnt. Look at her face and you would see her eyes were blue.

Her wooden bead accesories raddled as she walked. Necklaces, braclets, anklets, all topped off with a pair of straw gradiator sandals. The only thing of her tribe was one of the necklaces she wore. A single crystal, cold to the touch and the color of the sky. Her only reminder of home.

Her brown hair whipped playfully, and the rainbow of flowers in her hair clung for dear life. The great wall of Ba Sing Se slowly began to appear on the horizon, but where was tha village? At loss of what to do she strayed off the path, looking for the village, searching for help.

"Excuse me!" she yelled at the top of her lungs, a warm smile stretched across her lips. There was a single figure in the distance, dressed in what seem to be hides of some sort. "Hello!" she yelled, waving her hand. Silly, they must be dying in those hides!

For being of the medical field, and seeing so many horrid things why was she always so warm hearted?

ooc| I see Hanna as this carefree, girl that does alot of cartwheels. (:
Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 am

Unai turned around to see a person jumping up and down. She shielded her deep blue eyes to get a better look, and started walking toward the girl.

"Hello!" Unai shouted, waving the hand she wasn't using as protection from the sun. This girl was obviously at home with the earth, based on what she was wearing. Unai looked enviously at the light weight clothes, then turned her attention back to the girl that was now a few yards away from her. "What's up?" She asked, trying at being casual. It wasn't that she was always this cranky, the sun was messing with her.
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei;    The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:09 am

Hannalei smiled at the reply, and trotted herself within chatting range of the stranger. She dropped both her hands and pulled her water tribe necklace back, hiding it from view. Taking no chances.

"Sorry to bother you bu-!" Hanna stopped midsentece, her eyes locked with the blue eyes of the stranger. Her tone dropped, and she spoke with hesitation. "Would you happen to know where.." She pondered for the word, "Oh, would you happen to know where Omashu Village is?" She fought hard to keep from staring into the eyes of the girl.

Blue eyes. Leather hides.. She's from the water tribe.. She placed her hands on her bare stomach and fidgetted with the many bracelets she wore.

Were like 500 years back right? Omashu should still be in the village stage. XD
Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 am

Unai shook her head, "Sorry, but I don't know where anything is at all. I had to get directions just to get to Ba Sing Se," her brows scrunched up, "Sorry I can't help you," she said, swatting away horse-flies.

Unai looked at the eyes of the stranger, or at least tried to, but she was looking away. "Is something the matter?" she asked hesitantly, not wanting to be rude by asking too much. Unai gave up trying to make eye contact and looked at the bag she was carrying. It was very curious looking, and Unai was a very curious girl. It too a lot of effort to not ask what was in her bag, since that would be rude. So, instead, she fidgeted too.
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei; The Beached Water Bender   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:37 am

Hannalei smiled faintly, and shrugged at the ground. "That fine. Dont worry." She continued to fidget with her bracelets, resisting, fighting to keep fro mlooking straight at the girl. What if she? How could.. Why? The sound of the strangers voice quickly snapped her back into reality, and in the confusion she looked up.

"No." she replied simply, pulling a lock of her curly hair from her eyes. "I just noticed.." She paused for a moment, and an akward silence fell upon them.

"Would you happen to be from the Water Tribe?"She asked. Hanna looked up confidently, her blue eyes wide, her hand grasped tightly to the strap of her gord.

Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:41 am

Unai's own eyes widened in surprise, then a giant grin spread across her face. "Yes, I am from the southern water tribe. I'm even a water bender," her grin spread into a smile, and then she said, "You are from the water tribe too? Northern, I'm guessing?" She asked, almost hopping up and down with excitement.

I wasn't expecting to see anyone here I could relate to. I just wanted an adventure. But this? It's more than I could hope for. But I don't know if she's a water bender or not, she thought, twisting a beaded strand in her braid.
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei; The Beached Water Bender   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 am

Hannalei smiled, heck, she even began to laugh!; cupping the sides of her face so that her blue eyes showed as radiantly as her new friend's did. Hanna nodded laughed happily at the irony of the coincidence that fell upon them that day. She was at lost of words, dumbfounded as to what she should say. "Your right, im from the northern water tribe!" She smiled a pearly white smile, "Im a bender as well!" She tapped at her gourd, "Im traveling to Omashu to treat injuries there." She clapped her hands happily, her beads rattling.

She dropped her head to inspect her 'sister'. "You must be dying in those hides." She laughed.

Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:51 am

Unai laughed, "who told you? I didn't have anything else. I was going to buy more clothes in the city though, if they take water tribe money," she laughed again. It was so strange to see a sister bender. Strange and awesome.

"You heal with your bending?" Unai asked, curious. She had heard that the northern tribe doesn't let women do actual bending with their powers.
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei; The Beached Water Bender   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 am

"Haha, I was the same way when I first came to the Earth Kingdom." Hanna replied, sincerely. "Omashu isnt far from Ba Sing Se, and it should techinically be closer according to my map comprehension skills." She shrugged and smiled, tapping at the back that hung from her shoulder. "You'll be out of those hides in no time."

"Heal?" Hannalei nodded in response, "Yeah, as soon as my tribe discovered I was a water bender I was forced into the healing huts with all the other women." Her eyes dropped, "It's why I came to the Earth Kingdom."

Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 am

Unai cocked her head to the side. "I always thought that healing was cool, but we were always short on healing teachers so I never learned. How about we trade skills?" she asked, "Then we can both learn something!" She said happily.

O.o.C;// Ah, short.//
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei; The Beached Water Bender   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:09 am

The Northern water tribe girl chuckled happily. "My tribes stupid customs wouldnt let me do anything with the giftsI was given so, I came here." She motioned towards the land around them. "Besides," she added, "I hate the cold." She shrugged at the iron of her statment.

"The North Pole wasnt short on anything. Women just werent allowed to use their bending in any other way then healing." She shrugged, and her smile turned into a smirk. "I cant do too much fighting wise, but thats a deal uhm-." She laughed warmly as her eyes grew wide with newborn curiosity. "What is your name by the way?" She smiled, showin' off them pearly whites.

Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Unai smiled and held out her hand, "My name is Unai. And you?" she asked.

Waterbenders were ment to use their bending for the betterment of others, but that didn't mean that they should be forced to only heal. That was wrong. And, even worse, men could waterbend however they wanted, but women couldn't.
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei; The Beached Water Bender   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 pm

"Unai of the Southern Water Tribe." Hannalei smiled sweetly, "Im pleased to meet you 'sister'. She chuckled warmly.

"Oh, almost forgot. My names Hannalei." She took Unai's hand and shook it happily, her many wooden bracelets clanking. With their new friendship made, Hanna averted her attention to the surrounding area hesitantly. She looked down the path, in the direction where she had strayed, then finally towards the Great Wall of Ba Sing Se which rested on the horizon.

"Hmm." Hanna pondered, "I still have no idea where Omashu is." She put her index finger to her chin and continued to reason, then finally turned back to Unai.

"We've got to get you out of those hides before you suffer from a heat stroke Unai." she laughed. "Omashu can wait, the injury brief I was sent wasnt too bad."

Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Unai nodded, "I don't think I can take much more of it!" She joked, playfully pretending to swoon. "Besides, even if I did make it to the city, I wouldn't be able to find a clothing shop without your help. It's just so huge!" She exclaimed, following Hannalei.

O.o.C;// Huahaha.//
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei; The Beached Water Bender   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:32 pm

"We'll have you in something lighter in no time, were not too far from Ba Sing Se." Hanna cheered.

Hannalei chuckled at her response, "I've lived here now for some time and I still get lost everytime I go to Ba Sing Se." She smiled, embarrased. "But I have learned how Ba Sing Se is divided. The whole ring system and what not. We'll find a merchant in the middle rings of the city, we could even take on of those stone gondolas that the Earthbenders power." She laughed, modeling the few earthbending positions she had learned as they walked.

"But who knows, we still might find a shop in the outer ring. We've already had quite the luck running into eachother today." She smiled warmly. Two young water tribe girls meeting in the vast land that is the Earth Kingdom, now thats luck.

Back to top Go down
Ivy! >w<

Ivy! >w<

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Unai laughed, "I wasn't expecting to see anyone from the water tribe, let alone a waterbender like me. I only came for an adventure," She smiled, "And we will probably get an adventure looking for clothes for me," Unai laughed.

About fifteen minutes later they were at the wall, where Unai stopped. "How are we supposed to get in?" she gawked, looking for a doors on the giant rock wall and seeing none.

O.o.C;// Haha, earth benders make a door from the earth walls. Unai is a noob.//
Back to top Go down
sammy;

sammy;

PostSubject: Hannalei; The Beached Water Bender   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:54 pm

"Neither did I." Hannalei shrugged, " Meeting you makes me feel alot closer to home." She smiled sincerely, "Its been a while. I actually kinda miss the below 0 tempature and all the ice.." She paused, "Okay well not really, but I miss the people!" She laughed happily, and before she knew it they had arrived at the wall of Ba Sing Se.

Hannalei looked at Unai, confused. "My Unai, you are new here." she chuckled, "They do call it the EarthKingdom for a reason."

And with Hannalei's last word the ground began to rumble, the girls eyes fluttered upward as several dark figures blocked out the rays of sunlight. Earthbenders. They glided down the wall just as water benders did on ice. With powerful bending, the wall of Ba Sing Se began to open, and the water tribe girls began their adventure together.

"Welcome to Ba Sing Se." , greeted one of the earthbenders who had descended down the length of the wall, "The largest civilization in the Earth Kingdom."

Hannalei laughed quietly, nudging Unai on the shoulder and whispering "The men here are always shirtless!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}   The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei} Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Beached' Water Benders; {Unai + Hannalei}
Page 1 of 1