The Spirit Chasers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
&._meg
Admin
&._meg

[ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + Empty
PostSubject: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 am

[ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + Adairiapic
who is that girl i see,                     
» staring s t r a i g h t back at me ?

Making sure not to bump into anyone, Alaya weaved her way through the familiar market. It was funny, she probably knew this place better than her house, or perhaps even her own bedroom. The daily hustling and bustling of the merchants and customers was calming to her. Most people would find the crowds of shouting people and haggling customers stressful at the least, but Alaya had grown up with it. Now it was if the marketplace was just another part of her daily routine.

Besides, she loved hearing the tidbits of information that she caught while eavesdropping. It was because of this that Alaya had been able to piece together many stories and gossip, as well as small bits of talk about firebending. And, truth be told, it was thanks to her eavesdropping that she was going to go visit the dragons today. Well, the royal dragons to be exact. She had heard through the grapevine that dragons had been the original firebenders, and actually were the ones who taught the very first firebenders how to bend. Perhaps Alaya could pick up some of their wisdom if she went to take a peek.

Alaya’s shoes made soft thudding noises against the hardened earth as she finally made her way out of the market. Even though she didn’t mind crowds, it did get a bit bothersome when people kept stopping her to ask if her father was in shop today. Goodness, didn’t people know Sundays were his day off? He’d been in business so long; one would think everyone would know this by now.

The road gradually turned from dirt, to gravel, to stone as Alaya approached the richer section of the city. It was only a short walk more until she would reach the place where the royal family kept their dragons. Luckily it was located right near the edge of the surrounding forest, so she could always make a quick getaway if some annoying guard decided to shoo her away.

The royal palace never ceased to amaze her. She could feel her eyes grow wide as she took in the sheer beauty of the place. Unlike her painted windowsills, theirs were made out of gold. She could tell just by the natural glisten.

Shaking her head to regain herself, Alaya scooted off to the edge of the street and took the tiny alleyway until she reached the back of the palace. She had hung around here a few times before, so she had a basic idea of where everything outside of the palace was. It took a few minutes, which really emphasized the size of the place. Their bathrooms were probably ten times bigger than her bedroom!

Alaya tentatively touched her neck, peering around as she stepped out of the safety of the tight alleyway. Large, plentiful oak trees loomed to her right, while the palace’s royal dragon keep was located to the left. Large gates surrounded the area, but that was no matter, because before Alaya was the most beautiful creature she had ever seen.

Its scales were a dark grey color, and although they had a fair amount of grim and dirt on them, they were still utterly amazing in her eyes. Alaya approached the towering fence and curled her fingers around the bars, peering curiously in. She watched as the creature breathed in and out, its inhales exactly in rhythm with its exhales. Such a gorgeous being... Alaya swallowed, her throat tightening with excitement. How she hoped the dragon would do something, anything, to help teach her something about firebending! Even a silly sneeze that would allow for fire to puff out of its mouth or nose would do.

"Hi there, big boy," she murmured with a gentle smile, standing as close to the fence as possible.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tagged* aurae/kavan
word count* 000711.
lyrics* reflection - mulan
notes* yayyy
template* meggers

Back to top Go down
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=trainonthetracks
rainbowaurae

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:49 pm

[ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + Kavanbanner
[ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + Kavanwords2
Once he'd met Raishu, Kavan almost didn't want to get his own dragon. He remembered the first time he'd been allowed to see the dumb beast - there couldn't have been a more excited kid in the whole Fire Nation. Thoughts of magnificence and flying and fire had whirled through his mind with such force he could hardly think, hardly hear what his father was saying - something about maturity and responsibility, maybe. Because, y'know, three-year-old princelings who liked playing with fire were always very mature and responsible. He'd gone out there, expecting something silver and beautiful, and had seen the ugliest, fattest, dingiest creature to walk the face of the earth. It hardly even moved. It just... sat. And glared. God, how Raishu loved to glare. Timidly, he'd approached the dragon, holding out a dead rabbit - that had taken a lot of coaxing on his mother's part - and been rewarded with a sudden lunge for the food, then a huge sooty snort that ruined his best formal suit. And, of course, the stupid animal's trademark glare.

He still hated that dragon.

But, for some reason, a girl - some random girl, not even one of the servants - had singled him out. There were four other dragons in the pasture - his mother's, his brother's, and the two his cousin and uncle had brought from their estates - and all of them were much prettier. She'd passed up scarlet, crimson, viridian, and midnight - all for Raishu's dim gray. And she was looking at him like he was the most beautiful dragon alive.

He'd probably snort soot all over her in gratitude. Stupid beast. He headed towards the girl, hoping to reach her in time for a warning.

Wait - that wasn't a random girl. Not exactly. He'd known her - although, admittedly, she hadn't known him - when they were younger. He'd been seven or eight, probably. Yes, that sounded right. He'd had an enormous crush on her, and had had his friends - strange, he'd had friends then - ask her all sorts of things. Some of them had been incredibly stupid, as he recalled. What's your name? How old are you? Is that your real hair color? What family are you from? Do you know the prince - no, not the handsome, famous teenage one - the other one? Have you ever kissed a boy? If you had a zombie snowball, what would you name it?

The crush had passed years ago, but he still knew the answers. Alaya.... why? Who are you? ...What do you mean, it's a secret? Nine... again, why? Well, yeah... I don't know how to change it or anything... Oh, yeah, I know him - the one who saved that village from pirates... oh, the other one? I didn't know there was another one... Ew! No! ....What?...Um...Why...Um...Moof, I guess...You're... different...

She was still looking at the dragon when he arrived. "Hi, there, big boy," she said as he approached. Oh, God, she even smiled a bit.

"I - I - pardon? What did you just call me?" Big boy? Oh, dear Lord.

Suddenly, realization hit him. She'd been talking to the dragon, hadn't she? You're an idiot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
tagged ; taggy.
word count ; 000538.
notes ; your notes.
template ; by meg, for aurae.

Last edited by rainbowaurae on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
&._meg
Admin
&._meg

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:17 pm

who is that girl i see,                     

Alaya pressed her forehead against the metal bars of the fence, eagerly awaiting some kind of movement from the giant creature. Sure, there were several other dragons hanging about, but there was something in the way that this one just sat there, letting his surroundings pass him by seemingly without a care. It was a bit refreshing. Besides, the ones who always had the greatest stories to tell were the ones who sat quietly and observed.

The dragon’s tail twitched and Alaya’s heart in turn jumped in her chest. But he moved no more than that to her great disappointment. Still, though, Alaya was glad to even be able to stand here in its presence. Maybe one day she would have a dragon of her own... It was extremely unlikely though. Her skills were nowhere near good enough to impress the head dragon she had heard so much about. Even some really great firebenders had been turned away from the island and not been allowed to take an egg.

It must be the greatest feeling in the world to hold a dragon egg, she thought. I wonder what it feels like... Rough and smooth? Is it like a chicken egg or twenty times that?

Like she’d ever escape her father’s manic grasp. Well, technically she could leave when she was eighteen, and that was only one short year away. But it wasn’t as if she could just leave her family. Granted, she was an only child, and even though her parents were very strict with her, it would no doubt still hurt them if she left.

But she didn’t have to think about that right now. All there was to think about was this big guy right here in front of her. She wondered if his wings were leathery like in storybooks, or if they were smooth to the touch.

“I – I – pardon? What did you just call me?”

Alaya gasped and clutched the bars in fright. From around the dragon had come a young man who looked very close to her age, give or take a year or so. She probably should have run away to escape any claims he may have made at her trespassing, but her feet remained rooted to the ground. Her eyes traveled between the dragon and the man. She simply couldn’t leave the creature. She hadn’t even learned anything yet!

“Oh, um, I was talking to the dragon,” she said with a somewhat impish smile, pointing an index finger at the winged creature. “He’s really pretty. What’s his name?”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tagged* aurae/kavan.
word count* 000424.
notes* nothin'.
template* meggers

Back to top Go down
rainbowaurae

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Kavan couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. Pretty? Raishu? He'd never had a friend ask the girl if she was blind, but perhaps he should have. How anyone could take a liking to that filthy, lazy beast - ahh, screw it. It was a highly subjective matter, he supposed. Besides, she might not have even seen a dragon before - as he recalled, she was the daughter of a rather protective merchant who discouraged her every attempt at seeing the outside world. And maybe if Raishu was the first dragon she ever saw, he could seem... well, at least somewhat less awful. Maybe.

"Really pretty? Well... Can't say much for your taste, Alaya, but it's nice to see you again. Well, meet you, actually - I don't recall ever actually talking to you - I mostly just - ah, this is awkward. In any event, his name is Raishu; he belongs to the Fire Lord." Oh, that was simply excellent. Now he sounded like a stalker. Which, come to think of it, the eight-year-old version of himself was.

Oh, no. He'd used her name, hadn't he? And she had no idea who he was, did she? Perhaps he could pretend to be psychic. Yes, yes - and he didn't actually know the Fire Lord, wasn't related to him at all, in fact - ah, that wouldn't work. He was wearing the traditional prince's headpiece in his topknot, wasn't he? That, of course, was another matter entirely - he hated that repulsive form of hair abuse. He could hardly bear to look in a mirror. Wait, he'd approached her for a reason, hadn't he?

"Anyway, Raishu's... he's annoying. That's what I came over here to tell you - he likes to snort on people - and when lazy old dragons snort, there's ashes involved, not to mention the snot - it's... trust me, you don't want to stand too close to him. Unless you don't mind dragon boogers, that is."

tagged ; taggy.
word count ; 000329.
notes ; your notes.

Back to top Go down
&._meg
Admin
&._meg

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

who is that girl i see,                     

Alaya smiled and continued to gaze at the grey dragon rather than the male speaking to her. The big guy really needed a bath! There had to be tons of dirt and grime wedged underneath his scales. If he had a little cleanup, he’d probably sparkle and shine just like the other ones. He’d probably be ten times prettier, too!

“... his name is Raishu; he belongs to the Fire Lord.”

Realizing that she had completely missed what the man had said, Alaya snapped her attention away from the dragon. Wait, what did she miss? She hesitated for a few moments. Hmm. Couldn’t have been too important, right? At least Alaya hoped so. She didn’t want to seem rude. She just tended to be a bit... absent-minded at times.

Goodness, it felt like she did that a lot. She tended to completely focus in on what interested her the most, and in this instance it was the cute dragon; although, the man in front of her was equally as cute. It was probably because she’d never seen a dragon before, and she had seen her fair share of men.

“O-Oh.” Alaya paused and then smiled. “Well then he’s really lucky, ‘cause Raishu looks awesome.”

Alaya squeezed her fingers around the metal of the fence and leaned back a little bit, rotating on the heels of her shoes.

"Anyway, Raishu's... he's annoying. That's what I came over here to tell you - he likes to snort on people - and when lazy old dragons snort, there's ashes involved, not to mention the snot - it's... trust me, you don't want to stand too close to him. Unless you don't mind dragon boogers, that is."

Alaya giggled at that. “Aww, he probably does that because he likes you!” she cooed, her lips tugging up into a little smile once again, once more directing her attention to the dragon. A thought crossed her mind, and Alaya blinked, her lips somewhat parted as she gazed at the creature. Eyes still locked on Raishu, she leaned over to the man, as if about to whisper an urgent secret to him. Then her humble brown eyes quickly darted to his face and she grinned.

“Can I pet him?” she asked, eagerness obvious in her voice.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tagged* aurae/kavan.
word count* 000379.
notes* sillyyyy alaya ~
template* meggers

Back to top Go down
rainbowaurae

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Alaya continued to stare, apparently in a state of utter transfixion, at the ugly old dragon. Usually, Kavan wouldn't have cared about someone looking at Raishu, but it was a bit different when she picked that repulsive creature over him. He wasn't that bad-looking, was he? Everyone always said his older brother looked better, but they'd never actually called him ugly, exactly...

"Well then he’s really lucky, ‘cause Raishu looks awesome." And not long after that - "Can I pet him?"

Had he heard that right? The girl seemed genuine. How was that even possible?

"Yup. Super-duper lucky. He gets a grumpy, ugly old dragon that doesn't move, and hates everyone... Gosh, I get soo jealous of Father every time I look at Raishu." Irritated, the dragon twitched his tail; as always, though, he didn't go any further than that.

"As for petting him... you go ahead, but I'm standing back. Out of snorting range. And don't say I didn't warn you. Just - lemme go get Mika." He didn't even have a key to the gates around the dragon pasture - only the owners and the dragon-servants were allowed to have those.

Luckily, she wasn't far off. He spotted her lounging beneath a tree, playing a game with herself - she'd throw a pebble, then call it back to her once it got a few yards away. He could have sworn he'd seen her do this a hundred times before - didn't she ever get tired of moving rocks around? Earthbending had to be the most boring form of bending known to man.

"Hey, Mika!" he called. "Can I have the keys to the dragon pasture?"

"Why?" She looked at him, and his heart skipped a beat - her eyes were a lovely brilliant green color. He couldn't help but notice that every time he saw her. And then she smirked - even her smirk was lovely. A lovely smirk? He really needed to get a grip. "You're not gonna try stealing one again, are you?"

That, of course, was in reference to the time he'd jumped on Raishu, declared himself "Fire Lord of the Whole World Including Mommy and Daddy and Since I'm Their Leader They Can't Tell Me to Wear a Topknot Ever", and tried to fly to the top of the palace. He'd been five years old at the time, but eleven years' passing had failed to erase the memory from anyone's mind.

"Nah. It's just - this girl wants to pet Raishu."

"Pet Raishu?" She made a face. "Don't get me wrong, I love him to death, but the first thing that comes into my head when I see him isn't awww, I wanna pet him. Y'know how there's the whole snorting issue."

"I warned her," he shrugged. "She doesn't care."

"Whatever," she shrugged. "If I can do it, I'm sure a big strong firebender like you can keep that wild boy calm." She rolled her eyes as she said it and tossed him the keys - Raishu was anything but wild - but Kavan couldn't help blushing somewhat as he turned to return to Alaya.

"Wait a minute," Mika said, a delighted look crossing her face. "A girl? Kavan, talking to a girl? A real girl? Not a character in a book? What are you doing with this girl, hm?" She made smoochie noises, and his blushing intensified.

"Yes, a real girl," he mumbled. "But it's not - it's not like that."

"Sure it's not," she snickered.

With what remained of his dignity, he walked over to where Alaya was standing and unlocked the gate. "Go wild," he shrugged.
tagged ; taggy.
word count ; 000606.
notes ; your notes.

Back to top Go down
&._meg
Admin
&._meg

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:19 pm

who is that girl i see,                     

Alaya gave a light-hearted laugh at what the man said about being jealous of his father because of Raishu. Grumpy, ugly old dragon or not, he was still a dragon, and that in itself was one of the coolest things Alaya could think of. They were the original firebenders, which made every human firebender, no matter how great, insignificant in their presence. Alaya could feel it even now, standing this close to Raishu – it was a very humbling feeling, knowing there was something bigger than you.

“Just – lemme go get Mika,” the man said before heading off to find whom Alaya supposed would be Mika. She figured he didn’t carry keys around with him.

Her eyes averted back to Raishu, and she let a small smile form on her lips. She waited until the man was out of earshot before speaking.

"Hey. Hey, hey Raishu.” Alaya leaned her head against the fence, peeking through the bars. “Pst, hey big guy! I’m gonna pet you, is that all right?”

The large dragon lifted its massive head to look at her, and Alaya took in a sharp inhale of breath. His large amber eyes stared back at her. It made her feel like she was under a gaze of scrutiny of sorts. But she continued to gaze back at Raishu until her smile grew even larger. He had eyes just like that young man! That pretty amber color. The dragon made a low grunting noise and then rested its head back onto its small legs.

"I’ll take that as an ‘okay,’ ‘kay?" she said, giggling. Alaya couldn’t wait to touch him! The thought of it made her squirm where she stood. Oh, thank goodness today was Sunday... Otherwise she would have never escaped from work with her father. This young man was so lucky, he seemed to have a much cooler father than her. She wished her father owned a dragon. Life would be so much more... exciting.

Wait a second... Alaya stopped short in her thoughts. Father? She looked at the returning man and then back at Raishu. Fire Lord? Wow, how had she missed that implication? This man was a Fire Nation prince! Alaya stared at the man as he approached her but then, realizing how weird she must have looked, redirected her attention back to Raishu.

He unlocked the gate and told her to “go wild.” Alaya smiled lightly and scooted by him, headed right for Raishu. As she got closer, Alaya realized the sheer mass of the grey dragon. Whoa.

She stopped in front of Raishu and squatted down, resting her elbows on her knees.

"See, I told you I’d come say hi!" she said with a silly laugh. She reached a hand out and stroked the side of his face. So that’s what a dragon felt like, rough and powerful, like... Alaya couldn’t place a finger on what it was like. But it was amazing.

Raishu grunted and reached his head forward, nuzzling her. Alaya laughed aloud and toppled backward, still giggling as Raishu continued to shove his huge face against hers.

"Ahaha! He’s tickling me!” she cried out between laughs, sort of flailing on the ground. Raishu blew a little air out of his nostrils and pulled back, still looking at her. Alaya beamed like an accomplished little child.

She pulled herself up to sit on her knees, still giggling somewhat. She looked at the young man and motioned him over with her hand.

"Hey! Have you ever noticed Raishu’s eyes look a lot like yours?” she questioned with a smile. Raishu flicked the tip of his tail and made a low snorting noise.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tagged* aurae/kavan.
word count* 000608.
notes* bwahaha c:
template* meggers

Back to top Go down
rainbowaurae

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:55 pm

As Kavan returned from getting the keys to the gate, he couldn't help but notice the stare that Alaya was giving him. Was there something on his face? She quickly turned back towards the dragon, though, so perhaps he'd imagined it.

You're just thinking she's staring at you because you want to be the sort of guy who gets stared at - because you want Mika to stare at you - although having Alaya stare at you wouldn't be half bad, really - oh, for God's sake, you need to get over this. It was ridiculous, really. Better to pay attention to reality - Alaya waiting at the gate, hoping to be let in Raishu's enclosure.

He matched her smile when he let her in, although he was beginning to think that he'd had much better ideas in the past than letting a defenseless girl cuddle with a temperamental dragon - declaring himself Fire Lord of the World, for example. With some degree of nervousness, he watched the jubilantly laughing girl greet Raishu. His stomach fluttered as her reaching out to touch his face was met with a grunt - the stupid animal usually only grunted when he was irritated - but the stress quickly changed to surprise as Raishu nuzzled her.

Did he actually like her? Raishu liked a human being - or any being at all, for that matter? That was strange. Even Mika only got nuzzled occasionally, on the dragon's absolute best days - and she was the best dragon-servant they had.

And now the dragon was tickling her, earning joyous peals of bell-like laughter. She seemed like she was having an awful lot of fun - pure, unadulterated fun. It was the sort of thing he mostly felt in a second-hand, rather diminished way through characters in books. He'd rarely ever seen anyone so wonderfully happy.

"Hey! Have you ever noticed Raishu's eyes look a lot like yours?" The question caught him by surprise. He'd never thought about it - he'd never associated anything with the dragon's eyes besides glaring - but now, looking at the... well, perhaps not happy, but at least contented... look in them, he could see that they really were a rather nice shade of amber. And, although he wasn't sure whether his eyes were very nice, he was certain that they were amber. Why had she taken note of that? He knew hers were brown, but he'd learned that when he was eight, and, well - he'd had his own strange little eight-year-old reasons.

"I - I suppose they do," he said, realizing that, naturally, she'd probably like an answer. "Although I don't glare quite so much. He's not doing it now, but believe me - he's quite well-known for it. Like my father, actually."

A thought struck him - one that, perhaps, should have occurred to him quite some time ago. "Why are you here? I have to say that wandering onto the Fire Lord's land and then asking if you can pet his dragon isn't a terribly common move." Oh, that sounded rude. "I - I assure you, I don't mean to imply that that would be impolite or improper - I don't mind at all - it's just - I'm merely speculating about the wherefore." Speculating about the wherefore. Oh, that was lovely. Just lovely.
tagged ; taggy.
word count ; 000557.
notes ; your notes.

Back to top Go down
&._meg
Admin
&._meg

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:34 am

who is that girl i see,                     

Alaya smiled contentedly and stroked Raishu’s face with the open palm of her hand. Her fingers ran over a bit of matted dirt, so she hoisted herself up onto her feet and began to scrape away at it. She managed to get most of it off. She flashed a smile, and the dragon’s whiskers twitched as he tilted his head. Alaya chuckled quietly.

At the young man’s comment Alaya looked over at him with a slightly cocked head. She didn’t respond to that, but Alaya couldn’t help but wonder how Raishu could glare at someone. A giggle escaped her lips and she gave Raishu a little pat.

“Don’t glare at...” Alaya hesitated. She had never asked the young man for his name. “...this fellow, he only means well, all right?” She grinned, although Raishu merely let out a small puff of air. She rubbed the side of the creature’s face playfully. Out of the corner of the eye Alaya couldn’t help but notice the other dragons stalking about. They seemed to be minding their own business, but it felt like they were watching what was going on this side of the dragon’s keep.

The man began to speak once more, so Alaya turned her attention away from Raishu and back to him. She bit the inside of her mouth as his question progressed, finished by a phrase that utterly made no sense to her.

“Oh. Um.” Alaya looked down at her shoes, her eyebrows furrowed together in thought. What should she say? Be honest or fudge the facts a little to sound less pathetic? She chewed on her lower lip and made eye contact with the young man again.

“I’ve never seen a dragon before, and I wanted to see, well since they’re the original firebenders and all, I mean I’ve been training by myself but I wanted to see... Oh I’m a firebender by the way. I just wanted to learn something from them. I think.” She forced an awkward smile before quickly looking back at Raishu, her face red. Wow, she sounded stupid, unable to even form a proper sentence.

“I guess I just thought I might learn something worthwhile,” she added quickly, nodding, as if confirming her own thoughts.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tagged* aurae/kavan.
word count* 000372.
notes* lalala ~ too short. :c
template* meggers

Back to top Go down
rainbowaurae

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:39 pm

Oh, this was excellent. He'd managed to make Alaya stutter unquietly too - now they both felt rather unintelligent. Well, he assumed that she did, anyway. In any event, he certainly did, and the situation had grown somewhat awkward.

"Well," he began, after a rather long pause, "my name is Kavan. I'm not as famous as my brother, but I assumed you knew the names of the princes - although - did I even tell you I was roya - well, it doesn't matter. Kavan, anyway. And, ah, thanks for telling Father's dragon to be nice to me -" that sentence was absurd - "although I rather doubt that he'll listen."

There was another awkward pause as he searched for something to say. Surely there was something he could talk about, yes? Oh - hadn't she mentioned that she'd wanted to learn from the dragons?

"And, to be entirely honest with you, I'm quite doubtful that Raishu is capable of teaching you anything about firebending. He hasn't done anything more than make sparks in years. Now, that one -" he pointed at a young viridian dragon twisting about in the sky- "that one might be able to teach you things, if you studied her. She belongs to Mika - well, not really - Mika's an Earthbender, and they don't - they can't own - but you know that, I assume... originally, she was my cousin Aiza's. But Aiza was - she was killed by one of the spirits about a year back... so Eyva - that's the dragon's name - she stays here now, and Mika takes care of her - Mika's the only one she lets come near her now - she tries to eat everyone else - losing a rider is a stressful experience for a dragon, especially a young one, and they don't bond so well after that... anyway, everyone calls her Mika's dragon, but really she's not... I - a little off-topic." Where had he been going with this? Had there ever been a point? He thought there might have been once. Oh - right. "She's the best fire-breather we have, I'd say. Excellent bender, too. If you really wanna be taught by a dragon, Eyva's probably your best bet."

Ah, he'd dragged on forever. He always did that. Dammit, you've probably lost her attention completely. Why can't you just shut up? There was more to tell, though. Although he doubted Alaya was listening, he continued.

"You can't - you can't just go up and pet her like you did Raishu, though. She's not like that. See how she's not even looking at the other dragons?" He gestured at Eyva, who was being approached by the scarlet dragon - his uncle's. He winced, knowing what was about to happen. It was a daily occurrence, after all. The scarlet dragon gently reached out its muzzle to touch Eyva; she snapped at him, and, as he withdrew, bellowed fiercely. Kavan sighed. "I mean - you think that's bad - she's ten times worse with people. There really aren't any dragons here to teach you - sorry."

Oh, that sounded too depressing. Surely that wasn't just the end of her hope, just like that? "But, I mean - the place is crawling with firebenders. It's the capital of the Fire Nation, after all. Probably more firebending masters in this city than in the rest of the world combined. I doubt you'd have a hard time finding someone who could teach you."

tagged ; taggy.
word count ; 000582.
notes ; your notes.

Back to top Go down
&._meg
Admin
&._meg

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:06 pm

who is that girl i see,                     

Alaya smiled, her lips pressed firmly together as they curved upwards. It looked like they were both stuttering; or at least unable to form a coherent sentence. Funny how things happened like that. She gave a small bow of greeting, considering he had technically just introduced himself. And, well, he was a Fire Nation prince, so she should probably show some respect.

“Nice to meet you, Kavan. I’m Alaya,” she responded, still smiling a little bit.

When Kavan mentioned the young dragon that had been flying about in the sky above them, Alaya looked up to watch her. She couldn’t imagine what it must feel like to lose someone close to her, especially when the bond was as close as the bond between a dragon and their firebender. Alaya remembered the day when her mother’s sister died. She hadn’t known her aunt, but her mother and she had been best friends since childhood before they each got married. A few days after her mother got word of her death – when she had finally stopped crying alone in the house – she sat Alaya down and explained it to her. Alaya hadn’t understood at the time, since she was only ten years old, but looking back at it, it made sense.

“It’s a special kind of pain, sweetie. See, it doesn’t heal over with a scab like the cuts you get. It stays there for a long time, and even when you think it’s healed, it still hurts when you touch it. It never heals, and for some people, they can never get over it.”

Alaya pondered those words over in her mind as she watched Eyva snap at the male dragon and bellow angrily. This dragon certainly fell under the category of the ones who can never get past it. Alaya gave a small, sympathetic smile and looked back at Kavan.

He mentioned finding a firebender somewhere in the city to teach her, and Alaya grimaced. She could never do that. Most everyone who made his or her rounds through the market knew her father. A lot of people knew that she wasn’t allowed to bend, and those who didn’t and took her on as an apprentice would surely find out sooner or later.

“Oh. Well, see, I came here because I can’t get someone to teach me. My father doesn’t allow me to bend, so if I asked to become someone’s apprentice they would either say no or find out sooner or later, and I’d just get in trouble.” Alaya shrugged modestly, though it bothered her more than what she showed. But then she smiled, stroking Raishu’s face once more, and let out a content sigh.

“Anyways, dragons are much more interesting than people. Besides, they seem like the best secret-keepers!”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tagged* aurae/kavan.
word count* 000461.
notes* none.
template* meggers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +   [ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons + Empty

Back to top Go down

[ kavan & alaya ➟ theroyaldragons +
Page 1 of 1